Forum Culture?

Matt77

Daemon Poster
Heyyo!
Has anyone noticed that forums have a sort of "culture?" Many forums I went to had a crap "culture" and I was shunned for not liking Anime, not knowing the inside jokes, etc. Is this something that's on most forums? Or is it just my luck?

I like these forums, people can be asses, but I haven't seen any serious drama go down, and everyone here is quite intellectual, and you guys teach me a lot, so thanks :)

Matt

All forums end up with groups of close-knit sub-communities - it's just something that happens when people frequent message boards and get to know other members.

Well... Long, long ago, TF had a large anime loving community... This place used to be very different many years ago. But, I have only ever noticed what you mention at one forum, and it was a forum that a bunch of teenage idiots controlled, whom thought they was leet haxorz that only really knew VB... Though many finally grew up and some have gotten into some very interesting projects.

But, nope, no legion like communities, just little gang-like communities...

I can't even begin to count how many times individuals have told me, "IMMA DDOS YOU!" after not allowing myself to be trod over on forums. First of all, you're going to launch a DISTRIBUTED Denial of Service attack on me? Are your "homies" going to gang up on me through the internet? or are you going to set up a botnet? Good luck to all the wannabe 1334 H4X0R 12 year olds out there :p
The internet is a big place. You don't know me XD

Second of all, the forums I had visited have the most biased and "fascist" administration I've ever seen, much worse than anyone I've met in real life.. Complacency is all I can say- no one would act like that in person. If you don't fit their social group- be it Brony, Script Kiddie, etc. they will make your forum experience hell.

This place used to be very different many years ago.

It certainly was different... Used to be much more benchmark / performance savvy with tons of super good rigs and overclocking outside in the middle of winter to top the 3dmark or superpi tests... now it's certainly different..

You don't Anime........ Eww to you.

Man, lat time I even looked at my overclock, was like...... damn I can't remember.

The i7 920 was a fantastic cpu that oc'd a ghz with no skill, I've run my 950 @ 4.0 24/7 for 2 yrs now with no issues.
Hell, my SR-2 is running at 1 ghz overclock 24/7 at only 60C!

It certainly was different... Used to be much more benchmark / performance savvy with tons of super good rigs and overclocking outside in the middle of winter to top the 3dmark or superpi tests... now it's certainly different..

I remember Nosboost always upgraded hardware like he was putting on a new pair of socks lol.

he actually added me on FB and we had a chat about the old days. he's planning a newer system, but nothing as epic as the sli'd 9800gx2's under water.

Back
Top Bottom