Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

With windows 7, what's the likely hood that I will need more than 4Gb Ram.

Reason for asking is that I am planning my next gaming rig. I could go DDRII and pay more money in the future when i want to purchase 4Gb Sticks
Or I could go 4Gb DDRIII now and pay less in the future when DDRIII become mainstream.

i run 4GB of DDR3 ram on win 7, smooth as butter. get the DDR3 now, especially if you dont upgrade your rig periodically.

Is there any particular reason for this?

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/2379/win7performance.png

I had an MS Office virtual printer installed. I tried removing it, and... still nothing.
I was able to make a workaround for this.
When I opened task manager, I discovered that mshta.exe (32-bit) was opening whenever I clicked on the "view and print detailed performance and system information"

I couldn't set it to run as administrator, since that option was greyed out. So I tried renaming it to mshta0.exe, and creating a shortcut to it named mshta.exe, and set the shortcut to run it as administrator. But that didn't work.

But then I thought of using the 64-bit mshta.exe instead. So I renamed the 32-bit mshta.exe (in SysWOW64), and copied the 64-bit mshta.exe into C:\Windows\SysWOW64. And it worked no problem.

http://sites.google.com/site/apokalipse/WinExpIndex.png
i run 4GB of DDR3 ram on win 7, smooth as butter. get the DDR3 now, especially if you dont upgrade your rig periodically.
I'm still running DDR2, and my system runs very smoothly (mind you I have 8GB)
DDR3 isn't really worth it yet. If you're using a Core 2 system I'd say that's even more the case (since AMD systems would benefit more from faster memory, with their IMC)

Host A Windows 7 Launch Party And Get Windows 7 Ultimate For Free

It seems that Microsoft is trying to explore some new ways of promoting their upcoming operating system Windows 7. Other methods of promoting Windows 7 are slowly coming to light next to the official launch parties that are hosted by Microsoft in various cities throughout the world. One of the – rather unusual – strategies to promote Windows 7 are so called house parties that can be held by users living in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Spain, the US or UK. If you are living in one of the countries and have a computer system that is currently running Windows XP, Windows Vista or Linux you might apply to host a house party with at least five friends (number might vary depending on the country the applicant is living in) that has to be held between October 22 and 29.

Everyone who could get it for free has had it since August 6, 2009. That is when it was released to MSDN, TechNET and Connect. That is how i got mine.

You already got the full final Windows 7 copy, or are you talking about the RTM?

Vern they are the same thing mate. Final is RTM. RTM = Release to Manufacturing.

So yes i have the final RTM build already. :p

Oh fail.. I knew that..

I should either study or go on T.F. not do both o_O.

Mak, are you a college student? Or do you work for some company that distributes the free software?

I just checked my college website and it looks like W7 (Pro) is already available. Sweet. Now I just need to wait for Thursday to come.

Back
Top Bottom