Crysis Warhead...It's even more demanding

Status
Not open for further replies.
im gonna upgrade to a Deneb FX and RV870 dual-GPU graphics card next year. I should get 60fps on Crysis, heck ya!

I'm just getting Deneb.. I'll probably be happy with a decent 45nm Quad..

worse come to worse if I can't use it on this board, I'll just buy Intel or something (not the company, the CPU's)

Im pretty sure a deneb chip will run on here, but i may not even bother.

The main thing that concerns me is the gpu, cpu not so much.

Most of the CPU's, especially the quad's I've seen are around 180+. Coupled with a new system, I'd spend another 600 bucks just to play this game, but, I thought I was getting into PC's to save money.

I have a bunch of old towers, HP P32CC and a Dell 4000+ sitting in my room now, not to mention a laptop a computer case with some socket 939 amd cpu and ram.

lol, I think that upgrading your system this often could be verified as some sort of compulsion.

CPU doesn't even affect crysis as much you most would think.

I mean, when I played crysis with my X2, at uber max settings and @ 1920X1200

I played both with my CPU @ stock and then tried it at 3 Ghz.

and I only noticed about a 2-3 FPS gain/drop between the two clocks.

Unfortunately my motherboard doesn't really allow me to clock as high as I wanted to, so I really couldn't try anything over 3 Ghz.

I agree, the gpu makes more of a difference than a cpu.

Play Crysis on a 2.0ghz dual core and 8800GT, then play it on the same
2.0ghz dual core but with a GTX 260 instead.

Remember what i told you last time and you said no???

I dont speak bull dude.....the whole bottlenecking thing is overhyped big time.

alright, alright i believe u. Right now im dealing with my own computer problems n im now thinking my CPU is defective, i already sent in my HDD n mobo, got them back n im getting the same computer errors while trying to install Windows Vista Ultimate.......again.

very interesting..............but look at these reviews of the HD 4870 x2 being used on multiple CPUs, what does that tell u?:

Legion Hardware

the better CPU, still the higher FPS u do get. Yes, a 60Hz monitor would limit the FPS to 60, but still just look at all the benchmarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom