ZoneAlarm ForceField: Compromised in Sixty Seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
If you are considering ZoneAlarm ForceField to protect your PC from spyware and malware, you might want to read this first. According to the review, it works…just not as well as it should. The test PC was compromised in less than a minute during testing.

I've reviewed similar over-marketed and under-effective virtualized or "sandbox" security clients over the years, all of which promised to provide superior protection against all malicious Internet threats. Unfortunately, although ForceField does offer some real improvements over the other products I've reviewed, it wasn't enough to stop malware from infecting my test systems. In less than a minute.

[H]ard|OCP - www.hardocp.com

zone alarm just suck A** period. Iv been using that cr*p for 2 years and decided to switch over to KAspersky since Zone alarm took over 30mb of my RAM on process

I've been using ZoneAlarm firewall for quite some time, but I've seen a couple posts that it is a system hog and such. My question is how does it compare to COMODO which is really good from what I've heard? Any actual reviews/comparison tests?

Comodo is based off the Zone Alarm firewall. They use a lot of the same tactics. I used ZA with no issues ever. It never took up that much RAM for me.

I used Comodo and it is really good. But for actual test use google to see if someone has done them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom