Tech-Forums Offical Metal Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
anybody a Judas Priest fan? their probably one of my favorite bands. I was gonna go to one of their reunion shows that was in the states 2 years ago, but it was on a Wednesday night and my mom wouldn't let me and my brother go... we even could of had floor seats :(

dragonforce is sick, herman li is the ****.

agreed lol its insane the stuff dragonforce does. im supprised their guitars dont burn up on stage as well as their fingers i mean jeez lol.

Mind if I join? I'm sure that some of you won't classify some of the bands that I listen to as metal...but I still think they (somewhat) are xD.

I'm into metal/hard rock (thanks dad xD). The bands I have on my HDD (gonna post images):

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1835/metal1pl5.jpg
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8998/metal2ax7.jpg
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4363/metal3ra3.jpg

I realize some of those bands aren't metal...but they're just in my music folder (which consists mostly of metal...but also others).

Some of my more favorite bands are probably:

Slipknot (yes I consider them metal even if you do not =P)
Killswitch Engage
Metallica (the old stuff more than the new stuff...black album ftw)
Mudvayne
Disturbed (first CD was the best)
Static-X
In This Moment
SOAD
Slayer
Ten Masked Men (just because they redo pop songs into metal xD).

all I can think of off of the top of my head lol.

I've sadly only been able to go to 1 concert ( =( ), which was last month. It was Ozzy/Rob Zombie performance, with In This Moment starting for them. Was an awesome concert...I took some pics with my phone, but they're kinda crappy (may post some of the better ones later). I liked Rob's show a bit more, cuz it was more...idk "showy" lol.

saw All that Remains in your list
good band. seen them twice now. one of their shows we actually got crazy enough and ended up pushing their stage back 2 feet. wasn't all that big of a stage but enough force pushing up against the barrier :)

YouTube - Dream Theater - Stream of Consciousness solo's
YouTube - as i am solo (jp's better than that ._. tone x 200 times better)
YouTube - John Petrucci Under a Glass Moon Solo
YouTube - Dream Theater - The Glass Prison (live) (solos, beginning, and around 10 the keyboard and guitar duel)

Also, before you call me ignorant, I listened to about all the famous dragonforce songs. I can't call them metal. I would call them rock. Herman Li is ok, but all vids I watched from him, coming from a person with not an amazing ear, I can tell his guitars out of tune. His tone is just like any other imfamous rock band, his effects make his music gay, his music isn't hard at all (that's why he's not in a metal band). watch the duel between the gutiar and keyboard in that one song. Listen to how in time and neat they are. Herman Li and dragonforce is PATHETIC PATHETIC, live. HORRID. He also only sweeps fast... He's not an amazing fast alternate picker (that's where John Petrucci and CERTAINLY Paul Gilbert kill at), ever notice all dragonforce songs sound the same? That's because all of them use Amaj7 arpeggios. Just sad...

saw All that Remains in your list
good band. seen them twice now. one of their shows we actually got crazy enough and ended up pushing their stage back 2 feet. wasn't all that big of a stage but enough force pushing up against the barrier :)

Haha, nice xD. I was kinda far back in the Ozzy/Rob concert I went to (but was still fairly close). Was 19 rows away from the stage. Ozzy sprayed the front few rows with foam from a firehose/doused them with water...I wasn't in that group tho lol.

Anyone who likes "Lamb Of God" I'm currently working on a "wimpy player" that's will stream all of LoG's albums. Right now it's currently a work in progress so be patient. You can access it via clicking on my sig.

I'm also going to set up a metal player also. Which will pull tracks out of our ToV music section, that users can upload. Stay tuned for that.

Suggestions welcome.

Nice idea HAVOC! Machine Head said they'll be in israel soon , so i'll catch them. As for Metal opeth are on my top wanted now , and some other bands not associated with metal.

Yea preacher, it will be nice once I get it all figured out. We should be able to simply upload the songs we want to a specific music directory through the ToV Forums Music Section. Then the playlist will be automatically be generated based on what users upload song wise. Of course you'll have to be registered at ToV to upload the songs. But, that keeps people from uploading crap we wouldn't want on the player in the first place.

I've got legit licenses for all of the wimpy products, so there are aa lot of things we can play around with. I could also set up the wimpy rave player. Which displays album covers and links to websites etc... Automatic Podcasting

We have a lot of possibilities.

Yea preacher, it will be nice once I get it all figured out. We should be able to simply upload the songs we want to a specific music directory through the ToV Forums Music Section. Then the playlist will be automatically be generated based on what users upload song wise. Of course you'll have to be registered at ToV to upload the songs. But, that keeps people from uploading crap we wouldn't want on the player in the first place.

I've got legit licenses for all of the wimpy products, so there are aa lot of things we can play around with. I could also set up the wimpy rave player. Which displays album covers and links to websites etc... Automatic Podcasting

We have a lot of possibilities.

That is really interesting HAVOC and not to mention EFFING AWESOME!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom