Gummy disks present new problem for Halo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What AMD said... it's the incessant fanyboyism that, despite what you think, probably pushed people away from the console. If someone has to defend a console so much and bash another console every chance he gets, then after a while you'll start thinking something must be wrong with the PS3. The PS3 does have more power when it comes to FP calcs, but the GPU is not as powerful, however the less powerful GPU in the PS3 can be made up for using the Cell, that, in turn, causes the headache or having to utilize a technology that is a pain to program for. No matter how you slice it, BOTH systems are a pain to program for, it's a plain fact. The only way to change this is either Sony comes up with better and more friendly tools or years down the road tools will be created by rogue companies and licensed out to franchises pushing the cost of development further.

the GPU's are hardly that diffirent in comparison i nfact there isnt even a 5% diffirence in GPU's they are mostly identical in specs, cept for the 360 one having nified shaders I THINK. Of course the RSX supports OPENGL

No, there is a VERY big difference in the GPU, not speaking of the specs. Aside from the unified shaders, there is a 10meg EDRAM built in logic to perform Z compare, alpha blending, and resolving anti-aliasing samples into pixels without even TOUCHING the GPU, there is also a difference in the cache (L2) and the way the through put from memory to GPU to CPU is handled (low latent path). Also, one big thing that is not mentioned or understood is the use of procedural synthesis.

For more on procedural synthesis, read this:

Inside the Xbox 360, part I: procedural synthesis and dynamic worlds: Page 2

The thing is, it's very hard so far to eek the full power of the 360, same as the PS3. Neither console will see it's true potential for quite some time.

BTW do you happen to know what kind of memory is in the 360 and the speed? I know the PS3 is running 256MBXDR@3.2GHz

EDIT whould the low speed on the memory on the 360 affect performance?/bottleneck?

i would never buy a P$3 (thats right, i ALSO can replace an S with a dollar sign. look how intelligent it makes me look!) for these reasons:

1) im not paying £450 for a games console. id rather buy a Wii AND an Xbox 360, or upgrade my computer with it to make it 10x faster than the PS3
2) i dont want to be related to someone in anyway, shape or form who has the idiocy to say one of the best and fastest selling games is rubish Without even playing it.

you seem to think that people only play halo because of the marketing. i hadnt even heard of halo until i played it on my mates xbox, and even then i didnt see a Single advert on TV, radio or internet Mentioning the xbox, let alone halo.

BTW are you using windows? i dont think i even need to make that point. ive only heard you promoting the P$3 (look, i did it again!) and demoting the 360, but not mentioning their operating system...?

360 is a diffirent branch, not pertaining to OS, hile i dont ike the practices of XP, i like the GUI, altho im also a YDL user.

and the..... well i dont want to get into a big argument an pwn so ill, just say
PS3 FTW
M$360FTL

And your friend telling you is not passive marketing? and it isnt the best fps ever that reinvented te genre its just a plain ol shooter.

360 is a diffirent branch, not pertaining to OS, hile i dont ike the practices of XP, i like the GUI, altho im also a YDL user.

and the..... well i dont want to get into a big argument an pwn so ill, just say
PS3 FTW
M$360FTL

And your friend telling you is not passive marketing? and it isnt the best fps ever that reinvented te genre its just a plain ol shooter.

Yes that would make sense. The xbox came out when i was 12 or 13, so i guess that him letting me play his xbox, whilst saying "halo is pretty good. want to play that?" was actually a sponsored statement from Microsoft.

Oh wait, isn't that what you say about P$3? That it's good? Wow! I didn't know someones IQ could go into minus numbers.

Yeah someones IQ is so low he thinks that IQ can go into the negatives, not tying to flame or nything

I d1d 1t FoR t3h LulZI d1d 1t FoR t3h LulZI d1d 1t FoR t3h LulZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom