Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Thurrott just posted an article at WindowsITPro, stating that the eagerly-awaited December Community Technical Preview (CTP) build of Windows Vista will be delivered to beta testers on Monday. According to his sources, the CTP is build 5270 (5270.x86fre.winmain_idx03.051212-1830).

Well i dont tahe Thurott seriously. I have it on good sources that it isnt 5270. It is gonna be 5273 or maybe higher. It could be as early as Monday. I know that they were saying 10 days last Sunday for the release period. But it was before the XMas holiday thats for sure.

so, vista hogs 512mb of ram miniumum? well i have 1.5gb so im fine there but if vista takes 512mb, wat about the programs and games that are running? it will be like i have only a 1gb machine instead of a 1.5gb rig. RIGHT????

I've heard that 512 well be fine for 32bit computers but 64bit will need 1 - 2gb just to run

lol....most vistas and other os on limewire, bittorent e.t.c. are full of viruses, spyware, and trojans, courtesy of micro$oft :)

Well here I go people I've heard it runs fine on 512 as the requirments say but I've used it on 480 and can say thats more than enough unless you game.

Tyler1989 said:
Well here I go people I've heard it runs fine on 512 as the requirments say but I've used it on 480 and can say thats more than enough unless you game.

I thought gaming didn't rely alot on ram as long as you have a good gfx card.

Well considering right now Vista cant game. It doesnt have DirectX installed correctly to game. Also you cant install DX. Plus Tyler you dont know what the official specs are gonna be when finished. I have seen Vista run on a PII with 128MB RAM. Which is all fine and dandy but with having it be DX10 ONLY compatable when it is finished that will boost the required specs up a bit.

a PII with 128MB RAM??!!?? you gotta be freakin kidding, if you are going to run vista on a system with those specs you will need an awful lot of time on your hands when you use it. I don't think the final windows vista will run that low, right now there is not really a set minimum to run it because its still beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom