Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the Beta requirement from M$ are P4 3GHZ or higher, 1GB DDR RAM, 256MB Video. But that doesnt meant that is al you have to use. I have seen users use less that that and still run Vista effectively. It does lag but it runs. I have gotten those effects to work with my system but i have a beefy system.

Tyler1989 said:
Mikee no you don't all that is needed is a 64 meg video card even the GeForce FX 5200, GeForce PCX can run Vista with all features info straight from MS and Thurrot.

Edit: Hey Mak you claim the official is higher than what I stated I got mine from MS where did you get your source info?
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/windowsvista/evaluate/hardware/entpguid.mspx

I got mine from various sources. Mine did not come directly from a M$ website. This was a combination of efforts from the M$ people i know and all the testers that i talk to. This is what we all felt was the best system that should be used to test Vista on. As i stated you can run it on less but it will be lagging. With the specs that i put up you can run the system and still run other applications.

Again why do you list Thurrot as a source? He is worthless. Almost everything he has said about Beta 2 and the sidebar have been all wrong. His information is miscontrued and off. He doesnt give you all the correct information just what he "Feels" is happening.

Well all of my information comes from my sources inside M$. They are saying the exact opposite of what Thurrot is saying about Vista. I have read a few of Thurrot's articles and they are going against everything that my sources tell me is coming or going to happen. My sources have been correct over 90% of the time when we tlak and they tell me what is coming up. So that is the information that i share with all the folks here.

MICROSOFT seems to be planning an August release for Vista, despite the fact that it claims that it will not hit the shops until December 2006.
Business Week has received a copy of the internal blog of Vole executive Chris Jones,which said that he will not get his bonus if Vista is not shipped with high quality and with the 'soul intact' by August 31st, 2006.

This means that Vole clearly wants the OS out in time for people to put the operating system under their Crimbo trees. Although we are not sure how much of a Christmas rush there will be for operating systems.

Although it would be better than socks, Vista doesn't really come with that figgy pudding feel for Yuletide gifts.

Jones, who is Corporate Vice President, Windows Core Operating System Program Management, said that if he doesn't make the deadline then it will be a miserable Christmas for him and his family, with no turkey for Tiny Tim.

More at Arstechnica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom