Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The architecture of Vista is no where on the same line as Windows 2000. Windows 2000 was a Server based OS. Vista is not. While Vista is using the Server 2003 Kernel it doesnt have any traits like Server 2003 or Windows 2000.

The RC version are feature complete and fully functional. But they have a timebomb that goes off on 5/31/2007 and the OS will be of no use after that.

I tried to click your link but it came up with a 404 error. Even so i doubt you will find what you are looking for anyways since M$ was good about hiding the architeture of Vista. Thats part of the UAC so peoiple cant mess with it and make the OS unstable.

You should be prompted with a screen on the first of June prompting you to enter a product code, if you do not enter one the OS will be locked until you do.

Makaveli213 said:
The architecture of Vista is no where on the same line as Windows 2000. Windows 2000 was a Server based OS. Vista is not. While Vista is using the Server 2003 Kernel it doesnt have any traits like Server 2003 or Windows 2000.

The RC version are feature complete and fully functional. But they have a timebomb that goes off on 5/31/2007 and the OS will be of no use after that.

I tried to click your link but it came up with a 404 error. Even so i doubt you will find what you are looking for anyways since M$ was good about hiding the architeture of Vista. Thats part of the UAC so peoiple cant mess with it and make the OS unstable.

what's up with the latest rc2 release mak?

The latest RC2 build 5744 is great. I have been running it as a main OS since i installed it. No XP even on here anymore. IT is stable. Fast. Uses about 30% of my 2GB of RAM. Still a bit high but i have all features running. WMP11, Glass, Sidebar, WLM 8.1 Beta, Defender, and IE7 with that 30%.

I am just installing OneCare to try that out with Vista. Let you know how that goes.

Makaveli213 said:
The latest RC2 build 5744 is great. I have been running it as a main OS since i installed it. No XP even on here anymore. IT is stable. Fast. Uses about 30% of my 2GB of RAM. Still a bit high but i have all features running. WMP11, Glass, Sidebar, WLM 8.1 Beta, Defender, and IE7 with that 30%.

I am just installing OneCare to try that out with Vista. Let you know how that goes.

Excellent!

I'll install it when I upgrade in a few weeks.

Juice Daddy said:
not working..., it redirects to http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/

umm... the odd thing is, it was working fine earlier (but I couldn't download it then :'(

is there another link, or am I the only one with this problem...

you may have encountered a...THE...download limit, if one was actually implemented and who knows if that number was 100,00 or whatever :confused:

It's awesome though...everyone better be sending in those automated crash reports! ;) The more reports...the better my retail purchase

Juice Daddy said:
not working..., it redirects to http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/

umm... the odd thing is, it was working fine earlier (but I couldn't download it then :'(

is there another link, or am I the only one with this problem...

I dont think that link was ever supposed to hit the public. RC2 was not intended for Public release. When that leak was found i think they put on a redirect to stop it from getting outta hand. As far as i know there is no other link available except torrents.

talldude123 said:
Excellent!

I'll install it when I upgrade in a few weeks.

It is worth th try. I have gotten it running now for 3 days straight without any problems. Only 1 BSOD that was cause i caused it trying to force Nero to install.:p

Overall it is good. OneCare doesnt use much more resources and it helps with the firewall/apyware/virus protection that it has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom