Windows update (speed of installation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clark33

In Runtime
Hi again,

I needed to install a few updates from microsoft, using the windows update service. The updates downloaded quickly which is fair enough but when the updated went to installation, it seemed to take a very long time for them all to install. I have a netbook and when I update that the installations are fairly quick. Would anyone have an idea why my update files are taking a long time on my laptop as opposed to my netbook?

thanks for advice.

The reason being is simple. Netbooks use Windows Starter Edition. The updates needed for that edition are far different than the updates needed for Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate. The updates done to those version will take longer cause there is far more that the updates can affect and therefor the updates are more involved.

Not to mention, there is never any set time that Windows gives for how long it will take to install updates, the timer that you see is for how long it will take to download. Updates can install in seconds or hours depending on what you have the machine doing, what processes are running, what your doing with it at the time and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom