Windows Update error code # Code 80070424

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same thing happened to me last week. I ended up backing up my important files and doing a fresh install of Windows. It was quicker and easier than all the work I put into trying to repair it.

Is the time and date set properly? Remember daylight saving time just hit. So your system might not have auto updated which is causing conflicts getting updates. That is the first thing to try. Next is to reassociate the Windows Update Services.

1. Click the "Start" Button, click "All programs", and click "Accessories".
2. Right-click "Command Prompt", and click "Run as administrator". If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Please enter the following command, and press enter.

REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL

You will get a "DllRegisterServer in wuaueng.dll succeeded" window.

4. Then, please move on to enter the following commands one by one. A success notification will be received after each command.

REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL
REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
REGSVR32 WUCLTUX.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
REGSVR32 WUWEBV.DLL

Let's now try Windows Update again and see if the issue has been resolved. If the issue persists, please collect the following information for further research.

How to capture a screenshot
=================
1. Press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.
2. Click the "Start" Button, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.
3. In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste". Then click the "File" menu, and click "Save".
4. The "Save As" dialogue box will appear. Type a file name in the "File name:" box, for example: "screenshot".
5. Make sure "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" is selected in the "Save as type" box, click "Desktop" on the left pane and then click "Save".

Please send this saved JPEG file to my email account at v-30niwa@mssupport.microsoft.com.

How to collect the System Information
=============================
The System Information can provide us with more information about the current status of the system. I would like to check it for you. Please send it to me using the following steps:

1. Click the "Start" Button, type "MSINFO32" in the Search Bar and press Enter to start System Information.
2. On the popup window, on the menu bar, click "File", and click "Save", type a file name and then choose NFO as "Save as type", click "Desktop" on the left pane, and click "Save".

Please send it as an attachment to v-30niwa@mssupport.microsoft.com. If the file is too large to be sent, please right-click on the exported file, choose "Send To" -> "Compressed (zipped) Folder", and then send the zip file to v-30niwa@mssupport.microsoft.com for further research.

How to collect the WindowsUpdate.log file
================================
1. Click the "Start" Button, type "WindowsUpdate.log" (without the quotes) in the Search Bar and Press Enter. We will see a file named "WindowsUpdate.log"
2. Now click on the "File" menu and then click on the "Save As".
3. From the left panel, click "Desktop" and click the "Save" button.

The file will be saved to your Desktop. Please send the file as an attachment in an email to v-30niwa@mssupport.microsoft.com.

Note: When attaching files to emails, the process will vary depending on the email application being used. While you are composing the email, most applications will provide you with either an "Attach" button or Paper Clip Icon to click in order to attach a file. After clicking this button/icon you must browse to the file you wish to attach and select it by either double clicking it or clicking it once and then clicking on the "Attach" button.

Please try my suggestion and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom