Win8... Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start > settings >power confuses me, I see two places for "start" the start orb, then the big thing that says START, no "Settings" anywhere.

Bottom left of whatever screen you're on, drag your mouse down. Don't click. Menu pops up, click settings.
Are you sure you downloaded Win8? :grin:

And you can't find the start menu at the bottom left of *every* screen/app/window? Haha, this makes me:
1311_view.jpg

WTF, how do you guys have this running in a VM? I tried both my XenServer and VMware Player and it wouldn't load. Gave a HAL issue. Had to create a new partition on one of my drives. And holy snap hole! there's the shut down button! A guy a work couldn't find it today, I couldn't find it when I got home. Madess! Anyhoo, interesting layout they've presented us with. And ya, I agree with Mak about this not being the final layout. Ugh, it's late and can't remember the correct wording for it...isn't it kinda what media center is? ugh, whatever. Does anyone have issue with not being able to use the enter button on here posting though? I have to write this in one paragraph because it won't go down another line for me. Both in quick post and advanced. I do kinda like the whole full screen IE though. Would be nice if there was say a few pixels at the top so I could just move my mouse to get my tabs and not have to right click. Also noticed there's native spell check! yay! I always found myself using Opera or FF when writing a formal email or post because I can't proofread my own work if my life depended on it and IE never had a native one...that I knew about anyway hahaha. I mean, why the heck wasn't an Office grammar/spellcheck integrated into it? auto CAP the first letter, nice green underlining.

Click here

There you go. The way to enable the classic start menu. As I have hinted, Microsoft has left this out cause they want people to use the Metro UI.

*Note*

Since there is no way to get RegEdit open you will have to open explorer and then go to C:\Windows\system32\regedit32.exe and run it from there. Then you can make your changes.

Yes Cntdwn I have noticed that IE10 doesnt have support for the enter button just yet. It is a bug with the new OS and new version of IE. I use chromium to bypass this nasty bug. That is why it is a preview. :lol:

Or you can search for Apps by clicking Start > Search > Apps, then type regedit.

Lol just did the reg change, it kinda breaks metro yeah but not entirely. I can still get the new cutdown start menu by flicking my mouse to the bottom left without clicking, then clicking when it pops up gets me to the tiles. They're really messed up, small and you can't click on them, but you can select with direction keys on kb.

Well, game performance is at least as good as Windows 7 - but that was kind of obvious i guess.

BTW, for ones asking how to run this in a VM, use VirtualBox with Win7 as the OS selection, it runs, just, need to give it plenty of RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom