Win-7 32bit & 64bit for RAM Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwvirk

Solid State Member
Hello friends,

I want to ask about 32bit 64bit windows-7

I have c2q Q6600 on asus p5q and I'm using creative audigy sound card and xfx 8800gt and RAM is 4GB

Above hardware is running with windows-7 32bit and problem is that I can use only 3GB of my 4GB RAM

So I am planning to install 64bit windows-7 and later (when officially win-7 release) I will buy 64bit win-7 so that I can use full 4GB RAM

but I want to know about my system and sound card + display card -- are these card with work on win-7 64bit without any problem

2nd thing is about software running on my 32bit OS e.g. acdsee divx and other normal gaming + multimedia tools - is there any problem running these tools/app on win-7 64bit

Please help me since it will be my first time that I am going to use/install any 64bit OS

Thanks and sure I will get full support as usual

Your question can not be answered at this time cause Win7 is not final and therefor it is premature to say that they will work without any problems cause we can not predict the future. for us to say yes now could be trouble as who knows what will happen when it does get released.

Your best option is to check out the nvidia and Creative forums to see what people say there.

Again for your 2nd question, we cant answer. We wont know nothing till it gets released.

As of right now there are a ton of apps that do work. There are lists all over the net on which does work for the Beta. But that doesnt mean that it will for the final. We can give definite answers cause we dont know.

Your gpu will work just fine.

As for your sound card they have a vista x64 driver which should work just fine.
Here is some more win7 info from Creative.
Creative Worldwide Support

I would just download and install 64bit win7 now and try it to eleviate any issues you may have about purchasing it when it is released.

Well they both work with the release canidate. And vista drivers work with windows 7. Major changes rarely occur between the RC and the Release. I would bet 100$ that they'll both work with the release.

Well they both work with the release canidate. And vista drivers work with windows 7. Major changes rarely occur between the RC and the Release. I would bet 100$ that they'll both work with the release.
Yeah i wouldnt bet on that.

There is no major changes to features. But there is major changes made to code. There has already been 5 builds alone that have been sent out for testing beyond Build 7100. So yes there are many changes.

The Creative Drivers are buggy in the latter builds. There is a problem with the output for microphones with the Creative Drivers. So yes there is changes made to the OS that is affecting the driver support and it wont be till it gets released that Creative will do anything about it.

nVidia at least is trying. But they are having jsut as many issues getting DX11 fully supported as they did getting DX10 fully supported.

ok.. thnx for everybody for all ur help.
i am going to give try to Win-7 x64bit
thnx

i dont mean to disrupt but why does win-7 only register 3gb of ram.
thought it was weird because vista registers more than that

thnx for all ur help.
i have downloaded x64bit win-7 from microsoft and will be installing it today
thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom