wifi issue

chara33

Daemon Poster
How can i delete or disable about nine network options to the shows in network settings that i do not use?

thx

In Windows 10, go to your settings and select Network and Internet.
click on WiFi on the left side
Select "Manage Known Networks"
Left click on the network you see and select "Forget" in the dropdown box.
If your within range of a network in your neighborhood, then it will continue to be shown in your available networks... no available option to "Forget"

no, they are not.

Yes they are.

You clicked on the wifi icon in your system tray, which brings up the wifi connection panel to connect to any available wifi networks around you. You can't hide the other wifi networks around you, unless you simply turn wifi off or if you own the other wifi networks and you disable their transmission on the device doing the transmitting.

The "Forget" option Joe provided above will only remove a wifi connection profile if you've connected to it before; however it will not remove the broadcast listing in the wifi panel.

I stated
If your within range of a network in your neighborhood, then it will continue to be shown in your available networks... no available option to "Forget"

which is the same thing as carnageX states, but I think he explains it much better

Back
Top Bottom