what's a good combo of adware and virus removal tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnelson8611

Baseband Member
I currently use Ad-aware and Norton antivirus to remove security risks from my pc.
I am taking Computer Support classes at my local community college and the instructor said that a good program to use along with ad-aware is spybot. Then he mentioned that some viruses are not detected by Norton and I should use AVG as well just in case.

I was wondering some of the programs that others use to keep their pc's safe.

well of course i use ad-aware se, and spybot s&d. then i use for a firewall, zonealarm, which seems to work very well. then on top of that, i use McAfee for virusscan.

Dont use 2 installed anti virus programs at one time, you can double check your system by doing a on-line scan at panda, trend house call, rav, and a few others. if you have two anti virus systems installed it will be nothing but trouble untill you reformat and install.

cnelson8611 said:
I currently use Ad-aware and Norton antivirus to remove security risks from my pc.
I am taking Computer Support classes at my local community college and the instructor said that a good program to use along with ad-aware is spybot. Then he mentioned that some viruses are not detected by Norton and I should use AVG as well just in case.

I was wondering some of the programs that others use to keep their pc's safe.

add spyware blaster to your system and you should be alright. I use it along with sybot and adaware

however I would unistall norton and go with AVG. it uses less resources and pick up more viruses

Re: Re: what's a good combo of adware and virus removal tools?

EricB said:
however I would unistall norton and go with AVG. it uses less resources and pick up more viruses

I cannot suggest stronger that you neglect that comment.

http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archives/products.xml?

AVG scores unbelievably low, and personally I would stick with Norton, or the Nod32 Anti-Virus unless your intent is to actually ACCUMULATE viruses.

As for spyware/adware removal, I myself am a supporter of Spybot S&D, and AdAware.

I have no choice but to bring up the fact that AVAST also scores extremely LOW on that test. Stick with my advice pal.

I currently use Ad-aware and Norton antivirus to remove security risks f

Norton is BS software. Avast , pc-cillin are great.

Play_The_0dds Dont use 2 installed anti virus programs at one time, you can double check your system by doing a on-line scan at panda, trend house call, rav, and a few others. if you have two anti virus systems installed it will be nothing but trouble untill you reformat and install.

I thought having 2 AV's is a safe option. I used it thou without any trouble.
Anyone trust an online scan? :rolleyes:

& then of course, ad-aware and spybot sd

Anyone trust an online scan?
I use pc-cillin all the time and it's worked great for me in the past. In combination with ad-aware and spybot like you said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom