Weird IE7 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

reubix

Solid State Member
Today at work I experienced an issue with IE7 that I haven't seen yet.

The machine was about a week and a half old. Running Vista Home Premium, Microsoft's OneCare software, and Webroot's Spy Sweeper.

The customers problem was that he couldn't view any web pages. So I checked the regular places made sure there wasn't an invalid proxy setup. Did a ping test that was 100% successful to google.com.

The more I looked at the machine everything worked with the internet except IE7.

When you would attempt to navigate to say google.com The title bar would change to the title of the page and the status bar would indicate that it is retrieving the information. But where you would see a web page it was all white the entire area.

I reset all of the internet explorer settings, checked to make sure OneCares firewall wasn't restricting access. Disabled spysweeper and to no avail the problem was still there.

Another weird thing is I couldn't diagnose connection problems in IE7 because well it acted as if there wasn't an issue with the connection just an issue displaying the content.

Due to the fact that it was such a fresh machine I decided the quickest route would just be a re installation of Vista. Which did fix the problem.

I'm just curious if anyone else here has experienced a situation like this. If so what did you do to resolve the problem?

APPARENTLY another bug, as i already have mentioned BUG ERA is coming. We must be prepared and very computer-literate to solve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom