w.desktop search, server, tagging... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default w.desktop search, server, tagging...

I have a lot of photos which I need to tag and put on server, and need some server/client aplication which will find tagged pictures...

So far I have tried tagging and searching..but nothing.

I'm aware thet win XP don't have tags and vista does, I was wondering is there any way I can pull that off..

Last thing I did was Microsoft ProPhoto -> for tagging, and win.desktop search instaled on server, on win xp and on vista. WDS can find photo by tag on xp, on vista, but cannot find it on server (I have M.Server 2003).

The only way I can find something on server is by searching it by name. No other thing works...

I really need something that would index and find tagged photos on server... maybe someone knows some other software I can use?

tnx a lot