slipstream SATA drivers to Win XP install CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
the first link didn't work

that doesn't seem to be an issue as you have an nvidia chipset (I don't think that nvidia use intel sata controllers). explain to me why (in detail please) why you don't think that the disc is bad or the cd rom drive isn't bad.

I've encounter this issue dozen of times. it's alway one of the three things mention above

Odd...that links works for me...anyways, is just a link to the evga driver page for the 590 SLI.

Ok, again, no pro on this stuff but I have 7 cd/dvd roms in the house between 4 computers, the three primaries for my three desktops have all installed windows just fine when the HD is IDE but when I tried moving the SATA HD from one to the next to the next computer it always had the same install problems of hanging on install files. It didn't matter what drive, the only factor that held constant between the machines was the SATA.

As for the disc...it could be bad i guess, I've used it to install windows after a reformat now atleast 5 times on desktops and once on my laptop, every one of those times on the IDEs it worked find...just when i try that SATA HD (is the only SATA HD i have) it won't take. A half dozen straight failed attempts on the same SATA, a half dozen straight successful installs onto the different IDEs.

Anyways...that's my logic, please point me where I've gone wrong if i have.

Am thinking of going out and getting another SATA HD to try out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom