Secret recordings in Appdata. I am tracked? Should I report to police?

Conseal

Beta member
Hello, my name is Andrej,
I am new to this forum and Im used to solve pc problems myself, but something recently happened to me that really scared me. I noticed recently I have like 70GB less of space on my C: drive, where I keep only Windows 7- my operating system. I went to investigate and found out that my AppData folder in User folder has over 60GB. I checked what is so big and found folder "audio" (C:\Users\Conseal\AppData\Roaming\audio\) that was 60GB. I opened the folder and it contained recordings in .wav .

They were recordings since 29.10.2018 till this day 4.1.2019 recorded on my laptop. In total it was 3300 files, some of 3:00 minutes lenght some of 5:00 lenght, pretty much random lenghts. I live with my flatmate, when we checked on his computer, he had recordings aswell but slightly different. As we spent together time in living room with our laptops working or playing games, most of the recordings are same. Im really shocked that my own laptop is recording me wihout me even knowing about it.

I use avast antivirus plus I have anti-malware + anti-spyware and nothing has been found. I googled but havent found anything, thats why I am desperate and I begging for help. Can someone please explain me what does this all mean? Is someone tracking me? Can I report it? Please help me!

What are the audio clips of - the actual game/PC sounds or your mic? Both?

Do you have something like GeForce Experience installed, which includes ShadowPlay for nVidia cards?

Hey, thanks for answer. They are sounds from my microphone on laptop. So just external voices. Im not using any software as u mentioned.

Malwarebytes, Spyware doctor and Avast antivirus. I tracked it trough resource monitor as well, said it comes from System.

Back
Top Bottom