saving problem in windows vista home basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

smenon

Baseband Member
I am unable to save files downloaded from internet in windows vista home basic. it is showing status of downloading and also once the download is complete the file disappears. What is causing this problem? vv

The file doesn't disappear. You just don't know the location it is saved to.

Have you checked the C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Downloads folder?

It should be in there somewhere.

No it is not there. I have checked all. Also if I give saving path, then also after download completion, it is not there.

Do you have UAC on? Cause with the UAC on you can not change the save path at all. It auto saves it to your Documents folder in the downloads folder.

Conrtol Panel User Accounts. Go to your user account and it will ask you if you want to turn it off or not.

But the quickest way to know is if you get prompts for Admin rights to install software.

Alright. Now you should be able to select your save destination and not have a issue.

By any chance have you used the search function in the Computer Windows to try and find these files? The one that shows in the upper right hand corner?

yes I tried, but it came with "ZERO" results. searched full drive (all partitions)

Well try it with UAC off. If that doesn't solve it then i think you are not getting the whole file as it loses the transmission somewhere along the way since the file just disappears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom