Remove GRUB from Windows 10???

Zekester2097

In Runtime
I came to the conclusion today that I was done with Ubuntu 14.04, and just wanted Windows 10 on my HDD. I erased Ubuntu's partition, and extended Windows into it . I restarted, and it brings me to a prompt saying "minimal bash-like line editing is supported". This took me by surprise, as I was expecting it to just show the Toshiba splash screen, and boot straight into Windows. This is a major pain to have this on my PC, as I have to type "Exit" into GRUB, every. single. time. I've looked up ways to remove it on Google, but haven't been successful at it. (this one site was saying to mount one of the system partitions, and manually erase it, but when I tried to access it in both explorer, and cmd, it said "Device not ready", thus I'm here) Any ideas on how to get GRUB to disappear?

Disclaimer: This may be in the wrong area. I'm sorry if it is....

UPDATE: After a bit of toying around, I was able to burn myself a Windows 10 DVD, where I could repair Windows from. I then got it to boot from the DVD. I took it straight into the Command Prompt, and followed the instructions on this site here. https://askubuntu.com/questions/443637/how-to-remove-grub-without-access-to-windows This is really odd to me, as when I tried to do what that site said, when in Windows, cmd told me that the device "was busy", and wouldn't let me in. Either way, the problem is fixed. GRUB is gone, and my PC boots straight into Windows, as it should. That's really all that matters here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom