quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pts2800

In Runtime
okay my friend just got a new dell, and wants me to reformat it for her, cuz she doesnt want all the crap it come on it. she gave me all the disks and stuff, but none of them say Dell Operating System Reinstallation disk. but it did come with a disk called "For Reinstalling Dell MediaDirect 3.3 on Dell Inspiron 1520 Computers" would that be the reinstallation disk? just need a simple yes or no.

No. Call Dell. Most likely reason you don't have the Win OS CD is because they put it on a seperate recovery partition. You can ask Dell how to create a recovery disk so you can have a back up copy.

they gave you a modified custom install of it...in order to get a clean install without buying another set of oem or retail discs...you can build a new install from the files they gave you. I suggest that over obtaining shady copies of it online.

here is just a general broad range link to get you started:
Live Search: make your own windows install from factory disks

often name brands also have their own drivers folder, you should copy that

If you want a clean install of Windows, obtain a retail install disk (you should be able to borrow one, or obtain it by whatever means ::wink wink::). When installing, use the same Serial Key that came with her computer - its most likely on a sticker somewhere on the chassis, underneath a laptop, or inside a manual. That way you keep the legit license she paid for. Legit. 2 Legit 2 Quit..

I know this is a little late, but if you format a Dell, and use their recovery disk, it will just put all of the "crap" back on there.

if you format a Dell, and use their recovery disk, it will just put all of the "crap" back on there.

That's the polite way to put it, but true. Best to get hold of an OEM copy and use your serial for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom