portable apps for memory pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay_bo

Daemon Poster
i dont know if i ahve posted this a while ago but PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB drives | Your Digital Life, Anywhereâ„¢ gives u free apps for ur memory pen like firefox portible for the people hu dnt like or not familair with ie. there is vlc for watch them videos which dont open with windows media player whihc is often and a oddice suit like micro office (very useful) and more cool apps...... check it out .....

you can also put MAC on them :)lol dont know why u would lol

I don't see the benefit of doing this? surely you can just manually install the programs like that on the pen drive your self through the traditional installers. My external is a complete suite of my favourite programs e.g.

firefox
vlc
itunes
speedfan
O&O defrag
dvd decryptor
auto gordian knot
thunderbird

which I installed through the traditional way and just changed the file directory onto the external which is easy as clicking 3 times

and the non-portable apps have certain dependencies on the hard drive and registry, like in one of its configuration files it might reference C:\, but on another computer the HDD might be D: , or it might make registry keys on installation and when it is in another computer it can't find them.

the portable apps are self-contained.

but I have never had that issue with my external and I have used it on various computers and laptops. all those programs always work for me and all temp file directories are placed on the external as it beliees that it is the program file. you can copy and paste that file over onto the desktop of a new computer and have the program self contained as is. most games are the same aswell you can copy and paste most games and find they still work with no cd cracks on a new machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom