Official Windows 10 Thread

Or make my Kali my main OS..

Hopefully you're kidding... that's the worst possible idea!

Regarding Windows 10 and privacy:
First off, by a show of hands, how many of the boys and girls here today live in a building with windows, or have seen a building with windows?
Excellent!

Now, think about how those windows work. You can stand at your window and see the great world outside of you, but know that everyone who wants can see through your window too, watching you looking off into space, oblivious to your being observed. Hell, you can get naked and do private things in your house, but I would careful about doing such things (allegorically) in front of your window!

Hopefully you're kidding... that's the worst possible idea!

Regarding Windows 10 and privacy:
First off, by a show of hands, how many of the boys and girls here today live in a building with windows, or have seen a building with windows?
Excellent!

Now, think about how those windows work. You can stand at your window and see the great world outside of you, but know that everyone who wants can see through your window too, watching you looking off into space, oblivious to your being observed. Hell, you can get naked and do private things in your house, but I would careful about doing such things (allegorically) in front of your window!
Nope....
You close your window shades for privacy and you catch Satya peeking through!
(they arrest people for doing that)

Nope....

Except this is more like you renting an apartment (because you don't own Windows, you own a license to use it - much like you lease an apartment), and the landlord tells you that he can do random inspections and you sign the lease (clicking 'Agree' on the EULA/ToS), and then you complaining when he comes in, even if he let you know ahead of time that he was coming (Privacy options that tell you exactly what they do).

Probably kind of a terrible example...but meh, I'm tired and that's all I could come up with :p.

Nope....

:)

The world is so much scarier than you know.

So, this isn't even representative of EVERY attack, but here's a live (or as close to live as possible) world view of computer attacks.

Norse Attack Map

Now sure, you can keep most script kitties out, but the upper echelon hackers? I promise you there is NOTHING you can do, short of unplugging your power cord, to keep them out.

so if ms sends info from windows wouldn't a firewall be able to catch that?
or any other network security software that is NOT made by Microsoft or pressured by Microsoft to allow data transmit?

Back
Top Bottom