Official Windows 10 Thread

Didn't take long ...O&O came out with an app to disable the M$ spying. Now if they could do that for my Verizon phone...

That's called rooting and installing a custom ROM ;).

Though I find it hilarious that people are up in arms about MS and the stuff it gathers...and they probably have Android (or use a Google service of some sort) that already harvests info on them :lol:.

I think peeps might expect their phones and tablets to spy on them but not their operating system. Some how it's o.k. for your Apple ipad to phone home but not Microsoft's Windows

Good thing the computer I am on right now at work is windows 2000 with kernel extension so no worries about spying

you have got to be kidding....There's a ton of crap about Windows 10 and spying anywhere you look in the interwebs, I can't believe that all that stuff is entirely FUD

Last edited:
I'm sure the stuff that isn't FUD is the stuff that's in the privacy policy...as for the other stuff - until I see hard evidence from a legit source I'm calling "tinfoil hat" on it.

Can someone verify if O&O ShutUp10 is safe to use, and they dont end up gathering data on you? I did read somewhere all you need to do is change the regedit of cortana to break her function then MS cant gather data.

I cant find the reg, so if someone knows please remind me. :cool:

Last edited:
O&O has been making a defrag program for years and years, It's a company with good standing

tin foil hat brigade?
http://arstechnica.co.uk/informatio...ndows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/
For example, even with Cortana and searching the Web from the Start menu disabled, opening Start and typing will send a request to www.bing.com to request a file called threshold.appcache which appears to contain some Cortana information, even though Cortana is disabled. The request for this file appears to contain a random machine ID that persists across reboots.

Last edited:
O&O has been making a defrag program for years and years, It's a company with good standing

tin foil hat brigade?
Even when told not to, Windows 10 just can't stop talking to Microsoft | Ars Technica UK

I understand it happens on all devices, and I try and disable everything I can to the core, I accept a small amount of it as there is no way around it, otherwise ill never buy any devices, but when companies advertise a "tracker" as "optional" and it ends up not being optional I get annoyed with... :cool:

Back
Top Bottom