Official Windows 10 Thread

OK looks like the problem is solved, I tried installing drivers from Nvidias update site, with no success, my last attempt was to instal with my graphics cards install software, which worked. Still pretty pissed that it installed NOW instead of the next day when I had scheduled it.

FYI,
Installed Windows 10 upgrade so far on 3 computers...all are working purrrrrrfect!

Yeah Microsoft! You finally got it right again!

Yeeeehaw!

Installed it on the lap top and run good until a update this weekend, Did the install and wanted to reboot so I did and when it did it scted like it was in windows but the screen was all black, Back lights were on but screen was black and it's all it would do, Messed with it for 45 minutes and went to bed and just left it on being pissed. Not sure if there were any more updates over night but the next morning I got it out of sleep mode and still a black screen as the back light went on the screen so I figured I'd go into safe mode but missed the button but then it just rebooted up right, So win 10 knocked me out one night

I was having an issue where it wouldn't upgrade, so last night decided after all my troubles I was having with my current install I'd just format. Well, that wasn't working either. Was still getting stuck. I was getting pretty pissed until I figured out what it was. For some reason it wanted my SATA controllers on. Installed in 2 minutes flat.

I have found only one bug with windows 10 by the way and that is that on a cold boot, for like five minutes (for my laptop), when I right click on the desktop and click personalise, I get an error message saying that it couldn't be found. This thing also happens with ms edge too.

Ive installed Win 10 on my PC and laptop and both fine, also made ISOs. ONLY bug is it removed desktop gadgets and I needed to install a software to get mine back (Yes I know having gadgets are a security risk) :cool:

There are a few performance issues where the UI lags or flickers but its teething :cool:

P.S make sure you search all the settings to disable all tracking features etc, there is many in different areas.

Widgets have been gone for a long time now. I always used the calendar one until I got in trouble at work.

O they were removed in win 8... I never have touched that crap so didn't know they were removed then, I thought win10 removed it. :cool:

It was actually half way removed in 7 due to the fact that they stopped supporting them.

You do realize that 10 is nothing more than 8.1 with a new UI and a bunch of extra BS stuffed in it we don't need, right? To me 10 is actually slower than 8.1 due to this very reason.

O they were removed in win 8... I never have touched that crap so didn't know they were removed then, I thought win10 removed it. :cool:

It was actually removed in Windows 7 with a patch, and just never included in Win8.

Edit: beat by PP

It was actually half way removed in 7 due to the fact that they stopped supporting them.

You do realize that 10 is nothing more than 8.1 with a new UI and a bunch of extra BS stuffed in it we don't need, right? To me 10 is actually slower than 8.1 due to this very reason.

I actually find 10 to be snappier than Win8.1. At least in everything that I've done.

Back
Top Bottom