nvidia driver causing freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on this site for 5-6 years now. this question is always asked when somebody install the latest nvidia driver. I seen this post thousand of times

the latest was will alway be buggy because they are alway trying to push the envelope on it for speed. sometimes it just don't work right

get the latest ms certified nvidia driver, then see what it do

Well 178.24 didnt work. It would freeze if left on overnight, and when i turned it off overnight before it froze, it would freeze upon bootup, b4 or at the login screen about 6 times. I had to boot into safe mode, uninstall the driver to get into windows.

try the the drivers under 100. on some machine I have issue until I install the 94.26 driver

I can't find a driver that old.

I think tonight im going to uninstall the driver, let it sit idle all night and day, just to put my mind at ease its something with the gfx rather than system. If it doesnt freeze then ill buy a radeon 4850 and hope it doesnt have the same problem.

I'm still so confused why it works fine in games, but will freeze on idle.

WOW amazing, I just posted almost the same problem and I have basically the exact same setup as you

same exact processor, SAME EXACT dual slot EVGA cooler, Gskill 4gb ram, only diff gigabyte p35 based mb, SEAGATE HARDRIVE

WOW seriously what are the chances,

I have those random freezes as well, I ran all sorts of tests and cant figure it out.

Have you tried contacting EVGA for warranty?

I narrowed it down to my Video Card / PSU or Ram Incompatibility...

Check it out,

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/computer-started-freezing-randomly-195887/#post1551080

BTW Mine idles at 66-70 degrees as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom