Move Windows temp files and paging file off SSD?

IMO, it's best to always have it on a different drive, but, if you ever get a BSOD, there is a high chance that the dump file wont get saved, if the system does try to generate one.

You never told me that... Id rather had the pagefile on the same drive in that case

IMO, it's best to always have it on a different drive, but, if you ever get a BSOD, there is a high chance that the dump file wont get saved, if the system does try to generate one.

I thought that was just if you had it off, not on a separate drive that the dump wouldn't get saved?

That's what I thought as well, but Win10 keeps screaming that it can't save dump files even with another drive having an active pagefile. Not going to test it to find out... lol

You never told me that... Id rather had the pagefile on the same drive in that case
Strangely, I find that machines more commonly don't do a memory dump than actually doing one... It's rare that I run into a machine that actually does a dump.

EDIT: Well, I didn't intend to test it... But, my computer bluescreened out of nowehere, it seems as long as you have a page file, and it want's to do a memory dump, it will, regardless of what drive the page file is on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom