Mouse Cursor doesn't Hide on Lockscreen (after workaround) - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2020, 04:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Mouse Cursor doesn't Hide on Lockscreen (after workaround)

Hey Guys,

So I had a problem using the slideshow with the lockscreen in Windows 10, so I used a task schedule workaround:

Open "Task scheduler"
create new task(I put all tasks I create in a folder called "My tasks" for easy finding).
name "Kill LockApp"
new trigger "on workstation unlock"
delay task for "5 seconds" because it seams that it restarts after login(perhaps this is the bug)
new action
run program "taskkill"
add arguments "/f /t /im lockapp.exe"
Now, aproximently 5 seconds after login a command window will flash and lockapp process will be killed.

This worked, and now my slideshow works on the lockscreen; however, the one problem is that the cursor won't hide itself on idle, so the cursor just sits in one place. Is there any way to get the cursor to hide on idle without using a third party program?