Mounting split files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space_Coyote

In Runtime
I just got a program that is in 87 smaller files. I found some freeware to join all the pieces into the 4GB file, but neither PowerISO, Alcohol or Daemon can mount it. How am I supposed to deal with these split files?

Are they rar files? Do they end in .r## ? If so..go download WinRAR, and just right click on eny of the files > extract here (or to extract to a differetn location, extract to other...).

No, I've had those before and they extracted fine. These are like blah.001, blah.002 etc. I used HJSplit (?) and it joined them all to a huge file, but there is no .iso extension (or any) and none of my mounting programs work, even if I rename it blah.iso.

that is also a split archive. If you have a .rar file, you are going to want to extract the contents of that file. If theres no .rar, simply open up the lowest numbered file (ie xxxx.000 or xxx.001)

Like I said in my above post =P. You don't necesarrily have to do that on the lowest numbered file (I sometimes don't, and it works fine). And, Space_Coytoe.. is it even supposed to be an ISO? Cuz there's a lot of different image file formats, out there (UIF, DAA, to name a few).

No, I've had those before and they extracted fine. These are like blah.001, blah.002 etc. I used HJSplit (?) and it joined them all to a huge file, but there is no .iso extension (or any) and none of my mounting programs work, even if I rename it blah.iso.

It wouldn't work anyway due to invalid code, I think you should use a search machine to find a program to unrar those files, that did I when couldn't unrar daa files and found power iso, either there must be something similar to unrar those files or those files are fake.

if you are talking about File.000, 001, 002, 003 etc. Then it is problaly a hjsplit file but like you said it doesn't work you are problaly ending up with something called "File", remember that PANTHEON released the Windows vista dvd in this manner 000,001,002,003...0047 nobody knew how to open it but all you had to do was right click and extract here. Hope that clears it up otherwise you got a f'd up file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom