Lockscreen Stuck on Picture (Can't Enable Slideshow) Windows 10

WarrenX

In Runtime
Hey guys,

So I am unable to get the lock screen to use slide show. I was having issues with windows spotlight, so I thought if I switch to picture and switch back it would work. Unfortunately, now the same picture I selected comes up on start screen regardless of whether I set it to slide show (I gave up on spotlight). So basically I am wondering what could be preventing windows from using the folder I designate as the album for the lock screen slideshow. I have tried a few fixes online and none to any avail.

Things I have tried:

1. go into group policy settings and disable/non-configure all of the "prevent" settings.
2. clear the cache in the C:\Users\Warren\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets
3. make sure "Ctrl + Alt + Dlt before login" is disabled.
4. Try different folders
5. Try to put all the images in the C:\Windows\Web\Screen directory.
6. SFC /scannow

No matter what I do, any one image I selected in the "picture" option is persistent on the startup screen.

What I would prefer:
When I startup the computer for the first time, to be greeted with a different image from the album. Is this possible natively on W10?

Version: 1511
Build: 10586.218

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Yes, I have Start10. I have had some sneaking suspicions that that may be behind it, but I thought it only modified the desktop.

Back
Top Bottom