I need a lightweight file search since window 7 search is a tremendous research hog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I need a lightweight file search since window 7 search is a tremendous research h

I'd be interested in an answer to this as well, I haven't found a decent indexer that I'm happy with yet.

Re: I need a lightweight file search since window 7 search is a tremendous research h

Google Desktop? Tried it for myself a while ago and it was alright.

Google Desktop is the only thing that comes to mind, but, I find the windows 7 search to be very quick and accurate.

until you realize how much faster windows 7 is by disabling the built in index search. the actual search is fast, but it slow windows 7 down

until you realize how much faster windows 7 is by disabling the built in index search. the actual search is fast, but it slow windows 7 down

Agreed. I can't even remember the last time I used any search function in Win7; I don't know about any performance improvements by disabling it, but I can't think of any downside (unless you use the search regularly).

I got 10 years and 3 terabyte of stuff so I need a simple search that can be accessed through the toolbar

That much data for any search system is gonna be a lot, high disk speed and a decent processor helps out a lot with that much data.

most of the old stuff like the nero toolbar and google search wasn't resource hogs. copernic isn't either, but windows seven won't let it put a search bar on the taskbar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom