I currently use this TV Tuner on my 19"LCD for reg cable via Coax..Digital box or HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocket1406

In Runtime
Hi guys. I have a 19" LCD Monitor and the KWorld TV Box 1440.

:::: Welcome to KWorld Computer U.S.A. Branch Office home page :::::

I run the regular standard cable into the TV box tuner and then that sends a VGA input into the LCD monitor (so I can use my LCD monitor as a standard TV).

Is there any possible way (including getting some more cables if needed) to get from my cable company a Digital TV box or even an HD TV box and have it go into the Tuner and then into my TV (can I get digital or HD TV on the monitor?)

Or do I need a new tuner? like :::: Welcome to KWorld Computer U.S.A. Branch Office home page :::::

or like

or are those 2 PC only?

Thanks so much. I'm a noob. Please help :-D

Re: I currently use this TV Tuner on my 19"LCD for reg cable via Coax..Digital box or

I think the difference is that the ATSC ones I listed are for computer. I don't want to use a computer.

I think I need the 1680 but those are analog tuners... an HD box would need a digital external tuner right?

But I can get Digital TV through S-Video through the current 1440 tuner I use right now right?

Re: I currently use this TV Tuner on my 19"LCD for reg cable via Coax..Digital box or

It appears that these devices aren't actually the tuner. They take the signal from a tuner and convert that signal to one your monitor can display. With that in mind, the first device you mentioned doesn't have component jacks. So I doubt if you could get true HD out of it. It's possible to convert component to composite or s-video, but you lose quality that way and it's not true HD.

The links in your 2nd post didn't work.

Thanks.

The links in the 2nd post should be:

and

I'm thinking about just getting Digital TV (box) and seeing if it will work with my current 1440x resolution external Tuner. That should run fine through the SVideo, into the external Tuner, into the Monitor?

These 2 items I posted... their resolution appears to be 1680x ... would that affect picture quality of a Digital TV signal? I heard somewhere that Digital TV is only 720x so it shouldn't matter. Is this true?

Yeah, get one of those other two and you won't have any problem at all. I think that you would lose some quality with the first one you posted, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom