How do I install an unzipped program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyual767

In Runtime
I've just downloaded the "zoombrowser" program for my Canon digital camera. It was in a zipped format and I unzipped the program and put it into a temporary file. Now, when I click on the folder, it just opens up to more folders and doesn't seem to give me an option to actually install the program :confused: .

What is even more frustrating is this: this is the second time this has happened to me in the last 3 days. I was trying to help someone else download a driver for a pc wireless card (Linksys) onto his desktop and it was the same type of zipped files. We unzipped but couldn't find an option do install the unzipped program.

Please help!

Danny

PS This zoombrowser is going on an Averatec laptop with Windows XP

Is there a Setup.exe file? Did you accidently open the .exe with your archiving program (I know WinRAR can do this)?

Is there a Setup.exe file? Did you accidently open the .exe with your archiving program (I know WinRAR can do this)?

Carnage, thank you for your quick reply. I went into the main folder and found several "Setup" folders but none that had .exe after them. However, one of them had a little discription in light gray letters that said, "Setup launcher!"

I clicked that and the program started the install process :D ! Thank you for your help!!!!!!!

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom