How to create a partition in 'unallocated space' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
Hey...

Any suggestions on how to create a partition in the 'unallocated space'?? (see pic posted below...)

logically, it cant be a primary partition...but i dont see why it wont let me create a logical partition! (i included the error msg its givvin me in the snapshot...)

im runnin vista..so partition magic wont work....

Thanx

It's tough to concentrate on giving you a solution to work with knowing that one of my buddies in Seattle likes me... OMG I hope it's Sally!!!

What were your plans for the other space? Have you thought about re-sizing one of the existing partitions to include the rest of the space? Did you honestly need another partition?

haha lool! :p

its supposed to be for 'games'....

iv created a separate partition for each of games, movies, music, and data....(and one for the vista os, another for XP...)

i have considered resizing one of the existing ones, but i can only re-size disk C (at least from windows disk management, u can only resize the partition adjacent to the unallocated space...in my case, disk C....

id much rather if I am able to create a different partition, as im tryin to avoid to have my files in the same partition as the vista one (in case i need to reintall vista or smth...i only lose the programs i have installed, which id lose at either case...

thanx anyways....

never mind...problem solved...

for those who might experience such a problem though, i downloaded Paragon Partition manager.

it was pretty simple from there...(only that it took 3 hours to create that 60 gb partition...but apparently cuz it shud be 'at the end' (so that it doesnt cause boot problems) so apparently the wizard had to 'copy' the content of all other partitions onto new ones or smth like that....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom