How to carry printer from profile to profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
Ahh, yes. Back again. I have dealt with headache after headache with these **** default profiles on Windows 7, and I feel like I'm almost there.

I have one last question. If this question cannot be answered, I'm so far beyond "stuck" it's not even comprehendable.

I have successfully gotten the default profile to work on Windows 7 systems. The only thing is, it doesn't pull the printer.

Is there any sort of setting I need to adjust on the printer to allow it to be used by all users who generate a new profile?

EDIT - Of course after I post this, I log in to my 10th local test user and all of the sudden it grabs the printer.

I love consistency.

EDIT AGAIN - Oh, it's there. I just have access denied to it, even though I'm connected to the server and have domain admin access.

EDIT X3 - Tried again. It's not there on another profile. But it was there on the last 3 I tried. Weee.

If you are in a domain environment you could create a logon script for all users of a particual group (or the entire organization if needed) to pull / install a particular printer. If it just needs to happen for a particual computer you could have that same script run for that computer(s).

Yeah. It's all good for now though. I'm just putting XP on them since it works and I need these running by, well, last month. That'll buy me some time to play with it more extensively over the next few months (in hopes of finding a solution) so I can just image all systems to Win 7 this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom