Home Premium for System Builders

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEs it is a legit copy. It is a OEM version. Just a fancy way to say it.

All OEM means is you can't go running to MS for support if you mess up. but who needs MS technical support when you got Tech Forums.

no, who needs tech support when they have me.

and the other several hundred qualified users on tech forums.

What happens if the software itself is faulty? Like if you put the dvd in, but it doesn't read.

The odds of that happening are less likely than you winning the lotto. But if it does happen, you just return it for a new copy. Also, technically...oem software is only for a single computer. If you change motherboards down the line, you'll have to call and get a new activation key. Just say your motherboard burned up and you had to replace it :)

I knew the odds of that are very very unlikely. I like to be prepared just in case.

Haha. Thanks for the tip.

The odds of that happening are less likely than you winning the lotto. But if it does happen, you just return it for a new copy. Also, technically...oem software is only for a single computer. If you change motherboards down the line, you'll have to call and get a new activation key. Just say your motherboard burned up and you had to replace it :)

Vista OEMis only for 1 PC. XP OEM can be activated on 3 machines. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom