Help with my Dell DM051 - Blue screen of death, with error codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrsmith1

Beta member
Hello, everyone.

My Dell, DM051

BIOS Version - AOS ( 03/ 31/06)
Processor Type Intel (R), Pentium (R)
Dual Core 2.80 GHz

When i start my computer, BIOS screen shows up for a short period. But then a stop error code of 0x24 (0x00190203, 0x86FDD548, 0xc0000102, 0x00000). And if i push F2, for the set up. I cant seem to figure out how to change the boot sequence. I tried pushing delete while the windows disk was in the computer, to boot from disk.

Also sometimes i get the stop error code 0x7B

I notice there is a few threads on the 0x24 stop error code. but i dont know how / where to enable me to type run "chkdsk" .

Is there any way to keep my old data and files? Sorry i am new to all this. If anyone would be able to walk me through this .

Thanks for your help.

Yes there is a way, take your hdd out from your current pc and put it inside another pc.
Set that hard drives jumper to slave and and the other that has a stable windows os to master on it.
Boot into windows xp,vista or 7 and use either a open source cd-dvd burner and begin backing up the stuff that you need.
It may not be totally free, but I recommend power iso, stay away from windows cd-dvd burner inbuilt software.
It just doesn't flat out work to well or properly.

Mike.

Bug Check 0x24: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

You need to insert the XP CD and boot from that. You need to get to the recovery console by hitting R at the first screen. You need to then do a sfc /scannow and a chkdsk /r /f to check the integrity of your hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom