HDD Spikes?

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
I don't know if this is hardware or software related, so I just put it here.

When I use my computer, it normally goes pretty smooth, and then sometimes, it just gets slugish.

I would be loading a page, and it connects, connects, connects, andd the full screen comes up. Sometimes it works with scrolling, too. I would scroll down a page, and nothing happen til 5 seconds later. Also ttyping sometimes does that. I would type, and it take the computer a few more seconds to catch up.

As of late, I have been watching my RAM, CPU, and HDD, for any spikes that may occur. I always seem to have a HDD spike when this happens. It's just like what your CPU does, it goes on steroids for like 2 seconds.

I will see if it is my OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD in particular. I do have a Samsung 830 120GB that I can clone to, but I want to wait a little bit longer until Win8 is widely available.

It could literally be one of a billion things. The system could be doing an index at that time, it could be checking to see if the drives need to be defragged if you have not turned off defrag for the SSD. It could just be that one of your extensions is causing the Browser to work which is causing the drive to do something.

You see the hard drive spikes, but what process is causing the spike?

I did all the stuff on Slay's SSD guide.

I have not yet found the process culprit. I will keep watch on the task manager. See if I spot anything.

Back
Top Bottom