Extended (2 monitors) Display Watching Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I just logged on today and noticed the new skin! Its pretty awesome.

Situation:
- I have a laptop that outputs HDMI / VGA
- I output my laptop to my TV via HDMI
- Everything works perfectly fine

Problem:
- I set my laptop's output to my tv to "extend"
- I have an extended desktop where I can browse a website on the laptop screen then use photoshop on my TV
- I drag the Windows Media Player window from my laptop across to the right into my TV's screen.
- I did this so I can browse websites and at the same time watch a DVD.
- When I go to "full screen" on Windows Media Player, it only fullscreens on my laptop and not on my TV.
- how do I make Windows Media Player fullscreen in the TV instead of my laptop?

Extra Information:
- My tv is a Flat-Panel TV, Plasma
- I used to be able to watch movies using Windows Media Player on the TV and browse websites on the laptop.
- I reformatted computer and now it doesnt work as it used to.
- I also used VLC and it doesn't work properly

My system:
- Look at signature for more info
- I use NVIDIA Forceware the latest version
- I tried setting the "primary" display to my TV and it still does the same thing.

Cliff Recap Goal:
- I want to be able to watch movies on my FLAT-PANEL TV in fullscreen and leave my laptop unoccupied so I can browse websites and stuff.

My problem is that when I do set the TV to "primary" it will have the start taskbar and stuff on the TV and my laptop is empty (unless I drag some applications to the laptop.

Before I had my taskbar and applications in my laptop screen and the TV screen is full of items that I can just drag the movie to the TV and it will full screen there.

Does using the Ctrl+Enter method allow for full screen? It could be a limitation of the Mobile GFX card as well. It might not be able to output to a TV like that in full screen mode. You may have to just go with Maximized mode.

Does using the Ctrl+Enter method allow for full screen? It could be a limitation of the Mobile GFX card as well. It might not be able to output to a TV like that in full screen mode. You may have to just go with Maximized mode.
Well before I was able to to go full screen on my TV and browse website on my laptop. Ever since I reformatted my computer and reinstalled everything, its been doing this.

I am also on the latest graphics software.

Could be a bug with the newest drivers. Have you tried to install the older set that you were using previously to see if it works with those?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom