Clock sync...."Stratum" not equal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlewp

Baseband Member
Trying to sync clock , using DSL. Worked in past! Now I get an error saying "peers stratum is less than the hosts stratum"
Huh???
Went to help link for clock sync'ing. Mentiioned firewall settings..
perhaps blocking access to "NTP" I think it was. Whatever, I did not find any link in firewall list that resembled that OR the only two choices showing as sites for clock sync'ing.

Thanks for link you supplied. Lots of talk about "forwarding" ports,etc. Unfortunately , not a clue as to where to find these port values , and forwarding them??

Looked it over twice. Find nothing to relate to. Could a spyware app. have alerted me , at which time I unknowingly elected to permantly "block" access. Doesnt seem likely , as it should have happened at the same time I tried to sync clock, then I would have known to "permit". Again, how do I view / change or reset
the port mentioned several times.....value being 13??

workedforme found the correct port. you need to open 123TCP/UDP. i tested and my time is synching correctly now. look at the link again, he gives you links.

(I mistakenly referred to spyware apps...when I meant Firewall settings) Anyway , problem seems to have self-corrected. Links that I followed....much like almost all application "Help" files these days I've found to be true--they tell what needs to be done, or what you can do with the program....but seem to fall short of telling exactly how to get it done. But that's another forum topic...or perhaps the reason generating so many forums and questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom