Cannot see Homegroup from time to time? Windows7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
I have 3 laptops and one desktop all on the same Homegroup. Sometimes one of the computers will not see the homegroup and I cannot understand why. The desktop is usually always on. Laptops are on and off. For some reason one of them at the moment cannot see the desktop and I cannot see that laptop on the desktop either. However laptop 2 and desktop do have access.

any idea why this happens from time to time?

I've seen some questions as to virus protection might block it. I have AVG on all of them.

It could be due to AVG. It could be due to the constant on/off aspect of the laptops with the network. Homegroup is far from perfect. It could just be a glitch.

Yeah it's very spotty. However we tested it last night and couldn't get a resolve.

I sat at my desktop and had my g/f turn on her laptop, as soon as she did it popped up on the network. The other laptop that had been on for over an hour never showed up. Very strange. It shows it was on my network (wireless) but it wasn't connected to homegroup.

Oh well, maybe M$ will fix it eventually.

It may have needed a restart who knows. I have only messed with Homegroup a bit and know that it is far from perfect. I would rely more on the networking than i would homegroup. It is the newest feature and will be sorted by the time Win10 comes out. :p

when I had the issue it was my eset security. uninstalling it fixed the issue

Yea, I get this problem too. The funny thing is Homegroup won't see the computer, or will see it but won't connect to it, but the computer will show up fine under Network.

I definitely like the Homegroup principle and think with a little work will be a great function, but for now it seems really premature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom