Can anyone help out this n00b?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sting316

Beta member
Firstly, I shared my computer with a flatmate who has now left....(go figure)...so I deleted his account. In doing so I deleted the programs that I don't need to use of his. He has Limewire and I tried deleting it but it says 'Access Denied: Make sure the disk is not protected or the folder is in use'

I can safely say that the folder is not in use. I've tried going to add/remove hardware and Limewire does not show up. I've tried rebooting but it still says the same thing. I just want that crap off my comp. What do I do?

Also, I have some .vob files of mine that I want to convert to avi or wmv but can't find a free program that does that. Anyone know of one?

Cheers in advance if you can help.

Also, sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum. It seems like the best one of the bunch.

Open the LimeWire folder.Then open the folder UninstallerData.Double click the incon named Uninstall LimeWire or something alike.Follow the on screen prompt to uninstall the program

Can't even get into the folder. I'm doing it through cmd at the moment but some of the .jar and .dll files still won't get deleted.....sigh...don't know what to do!

Also that WinAVI converter you gotta pay for and it doesn't say it converts .vob to .avi but it does say the other way around.

"regedit" and delete ANYthing that has "LimeWire" in it.
Use the "Find" option. It should take a while, sorry, but effective.
Eventually you should be able to delete the Data, when the right key "unlocks" the hold on it.

As for the .vob/.avi issue, try research... www.videohelp.com
Check out the green "How-To" section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom