Adding Text to PDF Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathias1979

Solid State Member
I have a 50+ high quality images in PDF format that need captions. I have tried inserting them as objects into MS Word, but there is a significant loss of quality/resolution when I do this. The only other option I've figured out is to write a caption in Word, convert it to PDF, then open both the image and caption files with Photoshop and overlay the two PDF files. Unfortunately, the PDF files are so big this is time consuming...and will easily take 5-7 minutes per figure. And I'd prefer not to spend an entire day doing this with 50+ images if avoidable. Any suggestions on an easier way of doing this? I do have access to a Linux machine if that would be any help.

put the files on the linux box and use the pdfimages command via commandline, it will change them to jpeg's, then you can do whatever you want with them

if you have a bunch, put them in a directory and use a quick and dirty for-next loop under BASH to change them all

put the files on the linux box and use the pdfimages command via commandline, it will change them to jpeg's, then you can do whatever you want with them

this sounds extremely useful...but unfortunately a quick check shows that the pdfimages command is not found on the linux machine I have access to. is this standard software or will I need to install it?

horndude said:

if you have a bunch, put them in a directory and use a quick and dirty for-next loop under BASH to change them all
That should work

Open Office should be used in the future to I've found it to be more pdf friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom