Sony VAIO VPCSC31FM

SirWinzalut

Solid State Member
I'm working on a Sony VAIO PCSC31FM with Win 7 Pro 64 bit. The issue that I'm having is that I cant get the FN keys to work right. I've download Notebook Utilities, Shared Library, and Firmware Extension Parser Device Driver. Still nothing.

I only get the volume buttons to work. Now I'm at a point that I'm suck. If anyone know how to fix this I would really appreciate it. I might just have to format it.

Might be worth trying with a "windows to go" live USB and seeing if the fn key works there ok? Just to verify it's a software issue with your current setup.

https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2014/04/how-to-run-a-portable-version-of-windows-from-a-usb-drive/

Otherwise it's one of those problems that you could potentially spend a while on trying different things (uninstalling all drivers related to it, reinstalling, etc).
Another easy thing you could try though is creating a new user profile and logging in with that, see if the issue persists.

Thanks I've already done that. This was originally done by someone else. So I'm trying to fix someones mess up now. I'm just going to restore the OS and hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom