Need advice for a programming laptop

Tech fan

Solid State Member
I have recently started my university studies in computer engineering, so I need a laptop that can code easy and last for the next 3-4 years. My budget is 1000$.
I found this :HP envy 17 ce0015nr
The problem is that it isn't available in my country, but his predecessor of 2018 is here. They are very similar exept for processing power (core i7 8565U vs core i7 8550U, nvidia geforce mx250 vs mx150)
So, is it a good choice to buy the 2018 laptop?

Last edited:
The 8565U is marginally better, but most likely not noticeable in real-world. Maybe it'll add a second or 2 (if that..probably more like fractions of a second) to compile times for whatever development environment you're using, particularly at the beginning.

The biggest thing I'd suggest - get a laptop with a good battery. While I was in college for my Computer Science degree, frequently I was married to an outlet with my laptop during classes or working on group projects, because I decided to get a gaming laptop - and while nice to have the extra power on the go...the battery sucked.

Well it has decent battery life (8-11 hours) but my problem that it is an 2018 laptop, is it wise to buy a 1 year old laptop (not used)

Well it has decent battery life (8-11 hours) but my problem that it is an 2018 laptop, is it wise to buy a 1 year old laptop (not used)

If it is new then it is new; last year's model won't mean anything in the real world. It's like a new car. So what if it is a 2018; it has never been owned or driven and still has the full warranty.

Back
Top Bottom