Building Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

up-smash

In Runtime
Please excuse my ignorance...

I make desktop builds for my friends all the time but I've never built a laptop before. I usually use newegg.com to build my PC's, but it doesn't seem like I can build laptops...

Can anyone shed any light on how I could make a laptop build?

Re: 5000 th post suckas!!!!!

You would need to go directly to the manufacturer and contact them to see if they do any custom laptops. Otherwise you are limited down to ram and hard drive size from your shop.

Re: 5000 th post suckas!!!!!

Ya custom build laptops are not really available. Is it physically possible, yes. But piece mealing a laptop together that will fit in a case (which would have to be custom built if you are pieceing the laptop together) would run two times sometimes three times more expensive then just going to one manufacturer and specifing what you want in your laptop. Think about it, other than the hard drive, DVD drive and processor (depending on make) everything else about a laptop is different depending on the manufacturer.

Long story short, just find a good website like HP to custom build a laptop with the correct processor speed, drive space, etc that is needed for someone. I mean go try to replace a motherboard on a recently built laptop and you will see that you will pay almost 70% of the cost of the laptop just to get that one part.

Manufacturesr like Asus and MSI offer Barebones laptops where you can install your own hd, ram, cpu, etc. but the cost of doing everything separately is usually higher than just buying a preconfigured one (sometimes a lot higher). Plus you're supplying your own OS as well.

Manufacturesr like Asus and MSI offer Barebones laptops where you can install your own hd, ram, cpu, etc. but the cost of doing everything separately is usually higher than just buying a preconfigured one (sometimes a lot higher). Plus you're supplying your own OS as well.

Custom Build Vs. Mass Produced followed by bulk ordered and marked down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom