*****y External HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUNZippee!

Solid State Member
I have a fairly new (3 months) External hd, a Bytecc Product .It's running your basic 7200 250 gb Maxtor ide hd.

It has a green light on the lower right front of the enclosure, that typically flashes green/red when active.Currently, it is flashing intermittently green/red, and doesn't appear in w.e. I have tried turning it off, unplugging the power/usb cables, and in fact just now noticed as I lifted it up that there seems to be a loose connection where the power cable plugs into the rear of the unit.The fan is running, and the hd is not making any noises at all, abnormal or otherwise.Help a n00b save 220 gb of favourites wouldja? :) Thanks.

Zip

All drives are the same, imo, some are good, some go bad.I don't believe however the drive itseslf is bad, something else is up that I don't know about, like RMA, what is that m8 ? This is my first experience dealing with externals.

Zip

RMA is Return Merchandise Authorization, where you send something back for a refund or replacement.

lol ok, that may yet be an option, I just wanna make sure I'm not missing something before I go driving 70 miles to the place I purchased this sucker. :)

Zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom