x850 xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

dartgande

In Runtime
Anybody know where I can get one for less then $800? I found one place selling them, and that is their given price. That seems a bit radical to me, and it really isn't that much better than the x800 xt, now is it? Or maybe I should just go with the x800 xl and overclock?

Unless you know what yer gonna use it for and really appreciate it, that price will be half what it is now in like 6 months. An X800Xt would be plenty. (there will be a swarm of people telling you to get the 6800 instead... but, while im not sure which is better, people seem to NEED one that is better, we cant just allow that it is a lot of preference). But you might also wait and see what eh X800XL turns out like. What will you be using it for? And can you wait? PCI-Express or AGP?

Well no 6800's, I have read enough stress tests of games on the 6800 Ultra vs. the X800 XT, and the Xt comes out on top, where it matters, in my opinion. And it will be PCI.

You might as well get something else because x850 XT won't come out for at least two more months. I was stuck in what I call an "ETA Battle" :)D) with that card. It was getting pushed back everytime it reached an ETA and then I said, oh well, Ill just get a 6800 Ultra.

lol well forget it, might as well get the X800 XT, and worry about another new card in another two years.

X800 (XT/XT PE) would be your best choice. You are right. In reality, ATI's cards completely own NVIDIA when put to the test, but some die hard fans will sacrifice that performance for their preference.

Yeah, which sucks. I don't prefer companies, I prefer performance. Sure, had nVidia shined through, they'd be my people, but ATI just did better. "Ultra", might sound good on paper, but, "XT", sounds good in machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom