x700xt vs 6600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

_SiLv3R_

In Runtime
well i read the review off of hothardware.com where they put the x700xt up against the 6600GT and well the x700gt creams the 6600 in most of the benchmarks and most of the time the 6600 wins its not by much.. except in doom 3.. the 6600 creams the x700 in the benchmarks.. anyways i was planning on building a medium-high end computer for my lil bro where he can play most of the new games and i WAS planning on getting the 6600 but i dunno now im having seconds thoughts.. what do you guys think? :confused:

EDIT: and for the same time the x700 has 3 more vertex pipes (with a total of 6) than the 6600 has.. and i heard the catalist drivers with their a.i. system help it out a bit as well

I wonder why ATI just can't get Doom 3 right....if he is going to be playing Doom 3, get the 6600GT, if he's not, go for the x700. Its that simple.

well i dunno about htat doom 3 thing... ati claims that their "a.i." feature detects the doom exe file as it starts up and optimizes the gpu to give you better performance with the card... while nvidia claims that their 6 series is build for doom 3 lol.... but yeah the benchmarks also showed that on higher reolutions (1600x1024) the 6600gt pulled ahead.. im thinking this is because the 6 series has a better fill rate than the x series.. still pondering on which is better bang for the buck tho :confused: lol

i say get the x one. the nvidia series, right now is over hyped up. I think that with new driversthe x700xt will just as good as if not better than the nvidia stuff. When it comes to bang for ur buck ati never fails, except the x300 and the x600. lol i also plan to get one for my brother so he can play games. he is bugging me, cuz now he is in highschool and he cant even play games on his dell ( {}xxxx{}::::::::::::::::> must kill dell ) 2400 properly.

Wait should i get one of those the 6600Gt or the x700xt cuz right now i am using the nvidia 6800 regular.

Yea, the GeForce 6 series is way overhyped now because of its total victory in Doom 3. The Radeon X series is underestimated because of mediocre performance due to driver problems. ATI is working their but off to pump out better drivers, and when they do, I think we are going to see and improvement in the Radeon X series.

i agree.. thats the only reason im speculating.... i believe that future drivers will easily bring the x700 and x800 series to par with their nvidia counterparts... and the x700xt looks MUCH more promising than the 660GT.. anyone else have any opinions? :) lol

I agree with your silv3r. After seeing the work done by nvidia on the 6800 series, the 6600 doesnt look too amusing. I would stick with the x700.

okay but should i buy the x700xt and give my bro the 6800regular, or should i keep the 6800regular? my bro btw is not that big of a gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom